Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! This weekly shared “meme” has a different theme each week and is shared by many blogs. We’re aiming to come up with ten things between us each week so they won’t be in any particular order!
Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)
- I am yet to find but would totally read a YA book that contained a ballet academy, ghosts or something paranormal and was a period piece. Sounds terrible but I would totally gobble it up!!
- I want a novel version of American McGee’s Alice. A steampunk, dark fantasy Alice in Wonderland.
- I also want to see more metamorphosis. Always loved the idea of people turning into animals/weird things, beyond simple “shapeshifting”. Want to see more of this!
- Dragons if a story has dragons, I’m in!
- In “The Penelopiad’, Margaret Atwood explores the Odessy from the perspective of Odysseus’s long-suffering wife Penelope. I love well-known stories that are told from a minor character’s perspective. It would be amazing if she wrote a version of The Iliad from Helen-of-Troy POV (another Homer companion piece).
- I also enjoy origin stories (like ‘Wicked’ – how the Wicked Witch of the West became so nasty – although I thought the musical was way better then the book!), and would enjoy to see more of these, beautifully written for adults.
- A YA novel that did not have a love triangle! (Only joking!)