Welcome to the forty-seventh episode of the Tea in the Treetops podcast hosted by Philippa and Angelya.
In this episode, we welcome a special guest – Sarah from @commasandampersands on Instagram! Sarah shares her trip to Europe with us, in particular the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I and II plays, plus all the literary locations she visited. We also discuss the recent Brisbane Writers Festival.
This episode was recorded on September 27th, 2016.
We hope you enjoy listening and we would love to hear your feedback. Is there anything you would like us to talk about in particular? Just let us know!
You can listen to past episodes of the podcast, as well as the various ways to subscribe on the main podcast page. You can now also record a voice message for us via the Speakpipe widget there.
Our title music is titled Sea of Dreams and has been used with the kind permission of the composer, Bart Stoop. You can hear more of Bart’s beautiful music at facebook.com/BartStoop.
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Debut Australian Voices with Mark Smith (The Road to Winter), Elizabeth Kasmer (Becoming Aurora) and Chris Currie (Clancy of the Undertow)
- Survival kits: Amie Kaufman (Illuminae, These Broken Stars), Jaclyn Moriarty (Colours of Madeleine Series), Lee Battersby (Magrit, The Corpse-Rat King), Dave Burton (How to be Happy)
- David Levithan (You Know Me Well, Every Day) and Meg Rosoff (How I Live Now), with Kate Eltham
Illuminae Space Opera by Argo – Listen to the recording of the live performance on Facebook.
Illuminae reading at the Red Box at State Library of Queensland – Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff and Justine Larbalestier
Caroline Kepnes – You
Richard Fidler – Ghost Empire, (and the Doug Anthony All Stars, who you might like to look up on YouTube, but they are rather NSFW!)
Giveaway (Australian residents only)
Win a copy of Nevernight signed by Jay Kristoff!
This giveaway is only for those of you with an Aussie postal address. Sorry!
|a Rafflecopter giveaway
Sarah’s trip to Europe
To see Sarah’s trip photos, check out her feed on Instagram.
- Kings Cross station – Harry Potter series
- Warner Bros studio tour
- Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
- Chronicles of Narnia by Lewis Carroll
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
- Bodleian Library and Christ Church College (Harry Potter film locations)
The Cotwolds (UK)
- Winchester Cathedral (Jane Austen memorial)
- Gloucester Cathedral (Harry Potter film locations)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Rome, Florence and Venice
- The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Other books and things mentioned