Welcome to the fiftieth episode of the Tea in the Treetops podcast hosted by Philippa and Anni.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Happy new year! It’s our fiftieth episode and to celebrate, we’re giving away presents! See below for details.
We take a look back on the great time we’ve had making this podcast so far, and also list some highly anticipated fantasy and sci-fi books for the first half of 2017. We also chat about some books we’ve been reading, including Heartless by Marissa Meyer. This episode was recorded on 23 January 2017.
We hope you enjoy listening and we would love to hear your feedback. Is there anything you would like us to talk about in particular? Just let us know!
You can listen to past episodes of the podcast, as well as the various ways to subscribe on the main podcast page. You can also record a voice message for us via the Speakpipe widget there.
Our title music is titled Sea of Dreams and has been used with the kind permission of the composer, Bart Stoop. You can hear more of Bart’s beautiful music at facebook.com/BartStoop.
To celebrate 50 episodes, we’re giving away two prizes to be won by two separate winners – a pre-order of one of the 2017 releases we discussed in this episode (see below for a full list), or the winner’s choice of item from Society 6, to the value of AUS$15. You can choose from a huge range of items with bookish art, like the mug to the right!
The giveaway is open to anyone, as long as Book Depository and Society 6 ship to your country. You can enter using the Rafflecopter form below.
50th Episode celebration
Some of our favourite episodes that you can hear in this clip include:
- Episode 20: Harry Potter special episode and episode 48: Harry Potter and Cursed Child with @commasandampersands
- Episode 28: Interview with Paula Weston
- Episode 36: Interview with Isobelle Carmody
- Episode 39: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (tentacles and things) with Jo from Miflix
- Game of Thrones season 5 (episode 23) and season 6 with Isobelle Carmody (episode 41)
And here are the fandom pinterest boards that Anni mentioned.
The music in this section is called Better Way, by composer Kai Engel.
- 3rd: Wayfarer (Passenger #2), Alexandra Bracken
- 10th: Windwitch (Truthwitch #2), Susan Dennard
- 17th: Carve the Mark, Veronica Roth
- 31st: Caraval, Stephanie Garber
- 31st: Wires and Nerve, Marissa Meyer
- Graphic novel about Iko (Lunar Chronicles)
- 31st: The Dark Days Pact (The Dark Days Club #2), Alison Goodman
- 7th: Norse Mythology, Neil Gaiman
- 7th: Empress of a Thousand Skies, Rhoda Belleza
- 21st: A Conjuring of Light, VE Schwab (Shades of Magic #3)
- 21st: Long May She Reign, Rhiannon Thomas
- Beauty and the Beast film (17th)
- 7th: Traitor to the Throne, Alwyn Hamilton (sequel to Rebel of the Sands)
- 7th: The Song Rising (The Bone Season #3), Samantha Shannon
- 14th: Hunted, Meagan Spooner (Beauty and the Beast retelling)
- 17th: Lifeblood (Everlife #2), Gina Shoalwater
- 28th: Strange the Dreamer, Laini Taylor
- 28th: A Crown of Wishes, Roshani Chokshi (sequel to The Star-Touched Queen, from Gauri’s point of view)
- The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastard #4), Scott Lynch (maybe)
- 11th: Given to the Sea, Mindy McGinnis
- 25th: Legion (Talon #4), Julie Kagawa (book 4 of 5)
- 2nd: A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Mist and Fury #3), Sarah J Maas
- 9th: Assassin’s Fate (Fitz and the Fool #3), Robin Hobb
- 16th: Flame in the Mist, Renee Ahdieh – first in a new series
- 16th: Seeker (Riders #2), Veronica Rossi
- 16th: The Crown’s Fate (The Crown’s Game #2), Evelyn Skye
- 24th: Chaol novella, Sarah J Maas
- 30th: Dark Breaks the Dawn, Sara B Larson (new duology possibly loosely based on swan lake?)
- 6th: Dividing Eden, Joelle Charbonneau
- 13th: Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2), Victoria Schwab (sequel to This Savage Song)
Later in the year
- Sixth and final book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas (September)
- Godsgrave (Nevernight #2), Jay Kristoff (September)
- Illuminae #3, Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Oct)
- The Gatlon School for Vigilantes, Marissa Meyer (Nov)
- The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire #6), George RR Martin?
Other books mentioned
The Bone Season and The Mime Order readalong on Goodreads
Congratulations on hitting 50 episodes! Love the podcast!
Thanks Diem! <3
What a fab mug! Love it and your amazing giveaway. Thanks!
Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous)
Congrats on hitting 50 episodes! Thanks for the giveaway.
Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) recently posted…I Love Twilight!
Thanks Kristin! Good luck 🙂
50 episodes,wow!!! congrats that’s amazing
Thank youuu 🙂
Thanks Jamila 🙂
I loved this podcast with all of my heart. Listening to you talk about all the upcoming book happiness totally got me excited for so many novels. I would tell you to officially add ‘Iron Gold’ by Pierce Brown to your list (for August) but you should probably (definitely) read ‘Red Rising’ first to appreciate it. So go do that!
Loved the montage you put together with music near the beginning, it was so fun to hear a compilation of moments over the last few years. When you did the one with the continuous statements about loving books and fandoms and what not, it seriously gave me chills. Like a super happy, cup overfloweth fan moment. Because that is exactly why I listen to you guys. To have a shared happy or fangirl moment about bookish everything.
Thanks for sticking with it and here’s to another 50 episodes!!!
Thank you so much, Tracy <3 For your kind words and your support! And yes, Red Rising is on my list, haha.
Long may the fangirling continue! 🙂
Congrats on your 50th podcast episode. That’s amazing! Thank you for this giveaway. So many highly anticipated books.
Congratulations! 🙂 Thank you for this amazing chance. ❤
Thanks Nana 🙂 Good luck!