I’m also in denial about the political craziness going on in the world, so I’m going to ignore it completely and talk about books, because they are infinitely more enjoyable. Am I right?
This month was fairly slump-y for reading. I only read five and a half books this month!
What I have been doing a bit of is writing, sadly not around here so much, but for a new pop culture review website: Gigamov. Go check it out – there are reviews for films, games, TV series, books and more. My article for the return of Supernatural is up, among others. That’s taking my fandom to a new level, haha!
Just last week, Philippa and I recorded the 50th episode of our podcast! We’ve had such fun putting it together over the last few years, and I hope you’ve enjoyed listening. Thanks again for your support, both vocal listeners and silent ones (I know you’re out there!) 🙂
In that episode we also talked about some books coming out in the first half of 2017 that we are excited to read, but I’ve realised we’ve missed a whole bunch, so there might be a part two coming shortly – stay tuned!
So, did you read anything over the holidays that you’d recommend?
Coming in February
I have a few things planned for February, including more review and blog tours, and more giveaways! I hope you have a great reading month.
- [5 Dec] Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★★
- [10 Dec] The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi ★★★★
- [14 Dec] How Writing Works: A Field Guide to Effective Writing by Roslyn Petelin ★★★★
- [7 Jan] Eclipse The Flame by Ingrid Seymour ★★★★
- [10 Jan] The Fifth Avenue Artists Society by Joy Callaway ★★★
- [17 Jan] To The Sea by Christine Dibley ★★★★½