Welcome to the sixty-fifth episode of the Tea in the Treetops podcast hosted by Philippa and Anni.
In this episode, we share some fantasy and sci-fi books that we’re excited for in the first few months of 2019, we give a spoilery (and rather rambling) review on Kingdom of Ash, as well as catch up on where we’ve been and what we’ve been reading. This episode was recorded on 1 February 2019.
We hope you enjoy listening and we would love to hear your feedback. Is there anything you would like us to talk about in particular? Just let us know!
You can listen to past episodes of the podcast, as well as the various ways to subscribe on the main podcast page. You can also record a voice message for us via the Speakpipe widget there.
Our title music is titled Sea of Dreams and has been used with the kind permission of the composer, Bart Stoop. You can hear more of Bart’s beautiful music at facebook.com/BartStoop.
Books for Publication in Q1 2019 (starts at 17:20)
- 8 – The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black
- 22 – Circle of Shadows (Circle of Shadows, #1) by Evelyn Skye
- 5 – Lady Smoke (Ash Princess #2) by Laura Sebastian
- 5 – The Cerulean (Untitled Duology #1) by Amy Ewing
- 5 – The Ruin of Kings (A Chorus of Dragons #1) by Jenn Lyons
- 5 – Dark of the West (Glass Alliance #1) by Joanna Hathaway
- 5 – Stolen Time (Dark Stars #1) by Danielle Rollins
- 12 – Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard
- 26 – Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte
- 26 – The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- 26 – Vardaesia (Medoran Chronicles #5) by Lynette Noni
- 26 – The Dysasters by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- 5 – The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2) by Dhonielle Clayton
- 5 – The Queen’s Resistance (The Queen’s Rising, #2) by Rebecca Ross
- 7 – Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha #2) by Tomi Adeyemi
- 19 – Return of the Thief (The Queen’s Thief, #6) by Megan Whalen Turner
- 26 – Once & Future (Once & Future, #1) by Amy Rose Capetta
- 26 – Scorch Dragons (Elementals #2) by Amie Kaufman
Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J Maas (starts at 54:00)
Finally we make it to the end of seven long years – what a journey. Listen to our spoilery recap of what happened and our feelings about the final book in this epic series.
Other books mentioned