Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! This weekly shared “meme” has a different theme each week and is shared by many blogs. We’re aiming to come up with ten things between us each week so they won’t be in any particular order!
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List
Here are a few book-related things we’d like to do at some stage…
1. Angelya: I’m currently attempting to read to stay ahead of the TV series of Game of Thrones. I like to know when the scary bits are coming so I can hide behind a pillow! I’m almost finished book four of A Song of Ice and Fire, but I have a feeling that book five is going to have to be not far behind on my reading list. They’re such epic books that it’s a big effort to get through each one, but it’s so worth it. If you’re a fan of the TV series, the books take it to that next level of awesome yet complicated rip-your-heart-out exhaustion.
2. Angelya: To read some of my favourite middle-grade books with or to my son. He’s not quite old enough to appreciate longer stories (he only just turned three!) but one of these days, I’ll be introducing him to The Hobbit. If you’re interested, our Top Ten from a few weeks ago was about our favourite children’s books!
3. Angelya: Own a house with a library, or at least with a room big enough to hold all my books*. I love home libraries, and have always dreamed of having a room dedicated to a cozy spot to curl up with a book.
*I realise this may not be physically possible.
4. Leila: I would love to meet Christie Golden. I would love to have her sign all my Warcraft stuff. Even the RPG just because she has effected the story for me so much. I would travel a few states difference to a convention for her.
5. Leila: Broaden someone’s experience by getting them to read a book that is one of my all time favorites.
6. Leila: I would love to write a book. Not even a fiction book. I think it would be awesome to turn a blog into a book like the 11 Lists of Hooking Up or Post Secret, etc.
7. Philippa: To read Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond. I keep putting it off but seeing I’m now studying anthropology I feel I should!
8. Hannah: I want to steadily read and blog again. I want to work with books, library work, bookselling, promoting, anything. I want to write and be published. And I want a library room.
9. Natasha: I also have writing aspirations. I would love to have a beautiful library too.